Logistics, Travel and Event Manager
An exciting and rare opportunity is currently available for a motivated and experienced individual to join our company as a logistics manager based at our Ulverstone head office. This position has the operational responsibility and accountability for the coordination of all physical logistics for the company.
The role manages a team of staff, travelling across the globe, along with associated hardware for running our systems. It provides all the interface between our company and various freight, travel and insurance companies.
The objective is to deliver value through reduced logistics spend, improved on-time and accurate delivery, and operational excellence. In addition this role is responsible for continuous improvement projects to optimize the logistics network and ensure we are at the leading edge in operational efficiency.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management of distribution, storage and warehousing providers.
- Secure above average service levels from Simplot logistics service providers through building value-adding relationships. Build value adding relationships with Simplot’s customers.
- Ensure warehouse providers meet Simplot’s current and ongoing service requirements in a cost effective manner. Seek best practices for warehouse performance.
- Lead and develop a logistics operations team of 10 including 4 direct reports.
- Provide logistics solutions for both new business opportunities and incorporate them into current supply network.
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in a similar role within a fast paced environment where you can apply both a strategic and operational mindset. Extensive 3PL operations management experience is a given as is an in-depth knowledge of FMCG logistics operations of a large scale. An effective communicator, you are able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders alike and promote logistics best practice. Experience with ERP/WMS along with Bachelor level qualifications in Supply Chain management or similar will be highly regarded
You consider your experience in managing individuals and teams to drive success as strength and your well-developed negotiations skills allow you to achieve favourable commercial outcomes for the business
If this sounds like you, then apply online